(COVID-19) Secure Risk Assessment & Procedures
Current international public health activity is aimed at reducing the spread of the novel coronavirus, which causes COVID-19 infection. This coronavirus is a novel agent whereby there is no immunity to the infection. The two main methods of preventing the spread of infection are hygiene measures and social distancing. According to current evidence, COVID-19 virus is primarily transmitted between people through respiratory droplets and contact routes including touch points. My priority is to keep my clients as safe as possible, and prior to opening I have implemented a number of changes which I would like to make you aware of. I have completed the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention and Control course which is accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists Ltd, UK Trade body & Barbicide COVID-19 Certiﬁcation Program. I have since made a number of changes in the way that I operate my business.
1. If I or any of my assistants feel ill or have symptoms of C0VlD-19, we will self-isolate immediately.
2. Conﬁrming the absence of high temperature/fever which may include taking the client’s/ models temperature using a touch-free thermometer, before providing the service.
3. Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in the form of a protective visor & face covering. It may also include an apron and/or disposable gloves.
4. Disposable PPE is to be disposed of into a waste container with a lid/sealable plastic bag, after each individual service has been completed.
5. Reusable PPE is not to be taken off for the duration of the booking and must be sanitised prior to each new client/model. If an apron or gown is not worn during a booking then the upper garments should be changed once the booking has been completed.
6. Hand hygiene is of the utmost importance and will be in accordance to NHS recommendations. This to include coughing & sneezing etiquette. As a minimum washing hands:
● Leaving the home address
● On arrival at the location
● Before and after using the toilet
● Before commencing the service
● Before putting on PPE
● After touching the face with bare hands
● After removing PPE
7. Where it is not practical or possible to wash hands, a hand sanitiser will be used, containing a minimum of 70% alcohol.
8. All tools and equipment will be disinfected or sterilised in line with the speciﬁc manufacturers instructions. Mandatory cleaning practices include, but are not limited to:
● Using a separate set of makeup brushes on each individual client/model, placing them into a sealed plastic bag until they can be sanitised at home using an appropriate antiviral cleaning ﬂuid.
● Using disposable makeup tools where possible.
● Using a spatula where possible for makeup products onto a fully sanitised/disposable palette or using a fresh brush for each application in order to reduce the risk of cross-contamination through “double dipping”.
● Using disposable wipes and towels.
● Using one set of hair tools (for example but not limited to, brushes and combs) on each individual client/model, then placing them into a sealed plastic bag until they can be cleaned using an appropriate antiviral cleaning ﬂuid.
● Using spray or pump products where possible in order to reduce the risk of cross-contamination through “double dipping”.
● Minimising the use of hair dryers where possible.
● Cleaning heated styling tools between each individual client/model using an appropriate antiviral cleaning ﬂuid.
9. To provide protective coverings for the work stations. Non-disposable coverings are to be changed in between each client and placed in a sealed bag until they can be sanitised after completion of the booking.
10. Avoid touching any personal items including mobile phones whilst providing the service where possible and will sanitise their hands immediately after use if touching personal items cannot be avoided. Only vital personal items will be brought with them into the booking.
11. Ventilation plays a huge part in preventing the spread of COVID-19, therefore windows should be open where possible to increase ventilation in the room.
12. Eating and drinking to be kept to a minimum during the duration of the booking
13. Hand sanitiser & tissues will be available to use if needed.
All of these procedures have been implemented for your safety and ours. We will continue to take advice from the Government and the NHS regarding safe practice and will amend them as necessary. Thank you for your understanding
Symptoms of Coronavirus including but not limited to:
● High temperature
● New continuous cough
● Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste,